Interested in Open eBooks?
Are you a teacher, school librarian, or administrator looking to get your students access to Open eBooks? This is the right place for educators to get started.
How It Works
- 1Determine your school’s eligibility
- 2Secure credentials via First Book or Clever
- 3Distribute credentials to students
- 4Students download apps, sign in and start reading
Determine School Eligibility
Open eBooks is available to the following qualifying groups:
- School participating in Title 1 schoolwide programs
- Libraries with an E-RATE of 90 or higher
- Special education programs
- Out of school programs serving low-income communities
- Summer meal sites
- Programs serving military families
Not sure if you qualify? Contact Us.
Read our FAQs if you have more questions about eligibility and participating schools.
Getting Started with Clever
If you are a Clever participating school or group, you can gain access by following the steps below. In depth instructions by Clever can be found here.
- Log in to your Clever dashboard
- For help bringing Clever to your district, please contact Clever
- Request Open eBooks as an app
- Scope your district
- Download Open eBooks on a mobile device (Android or iOS))
- Use students’ username and password (credentials) to sign in to Open eBooks
Getting Started with First Book
If you are a First Book participating school or group, you can gain access by following the steps below. In depth instructions by First Book can be found here.
- Register with First Book
- Place an order for one or more of the collections
- Teachers should request one code and PIN (credentials) per student
- Receive codes and PINs by email
- Download Open eBooks on a mobile device (Android or iOS)
- Distribute codes to students
- Use codes to sign in to Open eBooks
Whether you’re getting your students started with Open eBooks for the first time or starting a new year, these materials are here for you to help distribute credentials to your students and help them start their online reading journey.