Our Generous Partners in Publishing
Thanks to the generous contributions of Baker & Taylor, which includes use of its eBook platform delivery service, AXIS 360, we are able to provide access to free ebooks for kids from the following publishers:
- Bloomsbury: Providing unlimited access to over 1,000 of its most popular titles.
- Candlewick: Providing unlimited access to all relevant children’s and young-adult eBook titles in their catalog.
- Hachette: Offering access to a robust catalog of their popular and award-winning titles.
- HarperCollins: Providing a vast selection of their award-winning and popular titles.
- Macmillan: Providing unlimited access to all of the K-12 age-appropriate titles in their catalog of approximately 2,500 books.
- National Geographic: Providing unlimited access to all of their age-appropriate content.
- Open Road: Providing unlimited access to their age-appropriate ebook titles.
- Penguin Random House: Committing to provide an extensive offering of their popular and award-winning books.
- Simon & Schuster: Providing access to their entire e-catalog of books for children ages 4-14, comprising 3,000 titles.
Are you a publisher? Find out how to contribute to Open eBooks:
I'm interested in contributing free eBooks for children. How can I get in touch?
Please contact us to learn more about how you can contribute ebooks to the Open eBooks program.
How long is the commitment?
The initial commitment for supplying content is for three years.
We encourage publishers to contribute titles that can be used by multiple users simultaneously throughout the term of the project (multiple user, perpetual access).
How will I know my eBooks are being used?
In order for publishers to make collection development decisions, we provide usage statistics on a quarterly or other regular basis.
What formats does the Open eBook app use?
The Open eBook app uses EPUB 2.0 and EPUB 3.0. Currently the reading app does not support PDF files, but we hope to accommodate this format in future releases.
More detailed questions?
Not a publisher? Not a problem. If you’re aligned with the mission to help children fall in love with reading and want to help, please contact us.